Thursday, March 3, 2011

Highway to Where????

So we were driving home from dropping off Girl Scout Cookie money after school. It had been a pajama day for Jacob and myself. Well, I was really in workout clothes because I did a whopping 18 minutes on the machine in the basement . . . I couldn't spell u-l-y-p-t-i-c-a-l correctly if I tried. And Jacob, he was in PJ pants, no shirt, no shoes, but at least a jacket on, because it's gotta be at least 30F outside . . . Anyway, I did not want to be going anywhere today b/c I was looking like I just rolled out of bed. So I was planning on sending Julia to the door, since it was her Girl Scout stuff anyway.

So we drop the money off and are working our way back home when Jake asks to play a game on my iphone. Sure, I said, because I was really tired of hearing "Lots and lots of trains . . . .going under tunnels and through the tracks . . . " soundtrack repeatedly. So I popped that video out and rock music started blasting through the speakers. Julia commented that she usually heard this song in Daddy's car. Of course, Chris programmed MY stations in MY van to HIS music. So I quickly switched it to my favorite Christian station. I asked the kids, knowing full well the answer, if Daddy ever played Christian music in his car. Julia said, hesitantly, "Yeah . . . " I interrupted "No he doesn't!" She grinned. I said, "Next time you're in his car, tell him you want to listen to Christian music." I'm of course thinking that this will increase his guilty conscience if the kids start asking for inspirational music.

Then Jacob blurted out "No! I like hearing . . .(then he began singing) High - way - to - Hell!" by AC/DC. Reminder, to all my readers, Jake is 4. Nice. Very spiritual. Of course, the good mother I am, I bust out laughing. We all did. In our parental defense, I think this song is on Iron Man or Guitar Hero, or something. It's not like we walk around singing that one!

About five minutes later, Julia confessed that she had said that Dad plays Christian music because she didn't want Daddy to get in trouble. "In trouble by who?" I asked. "By you," she said. Gosh, those little buggers are smart!!!! Never, never have I (out loud) chastised Chris for his lack of inspirational music. That Julia, she is certainly in tune. So Chris, just so you know, she was sticking up for you, Just In Case.

Then, sweet Julia said, "You know Mom, I kinda like that song too."

"I know Julia, me too." Then, with full awareness that these young impressionable minds are soaking in everything, I found the song on my sync system (Chris had already programmed it in for me!) We cranked it up, drove around the hood. But being the good mom that I am, I did insert 'heaven' instead of 'hell'

1 comment:

  1. I love when sweet Julia makes an appearance in your blogs. Let Chris know that my child had an AC/DC onesie at 6 months old...so the corruption starts early in our household. I still stand by AC/DC ~ they are the soundtrack to some of my favorite memories. But I'm always down with G.O.D. :)

    ReplyDelete