Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heels Up!

I shouldn't have been laughing, but I just could not help it!

Jake and I were driving along, just minding our own business. I was driving home from the gym, feeling accomplished about working out. Even though many people work out many days of the week, each time I actually make it, I am surprised and proud. It's just so easy to blow it off. Anyway, we were tooling along . . .

Stow and Go seating - what a great thing. I used to have to bring a neighbor over to move seats around in my car. Or . . I had to schedule to have Chris put seats back in, or take them out. I used to promise to car pool and drive, only to have kids show up last minute for departure, and realize that my seats were all sitting in my garage. They were so heavy and bulky, I would be cursing under my breath the whole time I was arranging . . . Anyway, I love Stow and Go. It is worth the six year loan . . . ..

So the other day, I had the driver side seats all folded down. . . and little Jake was in the very back in a single seat. He loves sitting way back there in his own world. He was watching a movie on the back movie player . . . all was as it should be. Usually, we go to the gym and then run errands, typically to Costco, where we acquire many groceries and supplies. But this day, no errands. Just the gym. In fact, the van was pretty empty.

So when I stopped at a red light, and then accelerated when it turned green, I was very surprised to hear the 'Thud!' in the back. I thought to myself, "Humm, I didn't buy anything . . . I don't have anything loose to be rolling around . . . what could that be?"

All of a sudden, I heard a slow starting whine . . . "wwwwaaaaaaaaa, haaaaaaa, haaaaaa . ...."

I looked in the rear view mirror . . .. only to see Jake's Spider Man Boots sticking up toward the ceiling, like almost flat against the ceiling! What in the Hee Haw! His Stow and Go seat had come unlocked and had flipped him back, slamming his head against the back door. He had NO room to get out of this postition. I had to pull over, unbuckle him, so he was able to roll to the side and drop out of his trap. He was balling. I, realizing that he was really fine, was trying trying very hard not to laugh. Because it was not funny at all!

Of course, everyone I told, busted out laughing. IT'S NOT FUNNY!

No comments:

Post a Comment